Wednesday, February 11, 2004

John Kerry

Instead of your regularly scheduled shallow blog content, I bring you John Kerry's voting record. I bring this to your attention because it seems there's an impression out there that John Kerry is presidential. Or something. And while I have all due respect for a man who braved the rice paddies of South Asia (which is more than you can say for our current commander-in-chief), I have to ask, if your job is to legislate for the United States, shouldn't you show up for work? If any of us only showed up 28 percent of the time to the office, our asses would be out the door already.

And so yes, I still think Howard Dean is the man. For one thing, he's a heck of lot more moderate than Kerry, who apparently votes more liberally than Ted Kennedy (who would have thunk it?), and I just can't get over the fact that Kerry doesn't vote. Obviously Virginia and Tennessee don't think it matters.

The truth is, Kerry's currently the front runner, but I've yet to see a good reason why he, and not Dean, ought to be up there. If it's an image issue, then I think people need to get over it. Stop looking at "who can beat Bush"; we need someone who can get the job done and that means showing up for work.

No comments: