Thursday, February 06, 2003

McAfee responded to my cry for help. Amazingly fast. I haven't absorbed their instructions yet, but I'm going to. When I'm awake. Right now, I'm thinking, I might get away without a reload of the machine. Only a bit of my software works - McAfee deleted the executables for MS Office, Photoshop, Real Player, etc., to name a few. IE is also acting funky so I'm going ot have to reload that. I still haven't figured out where the virus came from. I suspect Photoshop, but it's really hard to tell. It could also be from Kazaa. At any rate, Kazaa and I need to part company. I've been having ethical qualms about the program from day one and the reason I downloaded it no longer exists. So I can't justify having it on my machine - especially since it is a good source for viruses.

I

No comments: