Thursday, March 21, 2002

Thoughts on an idle afternoon

This is Seema playing hooky from work because she cannot stand the sight of another database after working for many hours on various databases last night

I'm debating whether to edit "Fugue in Blue Minor" today or to go out. I've been doing this weird thing where I started at the end of the story and worked my way back. Or rather, I used the last chunk of beta I received to edit the last quarter of the story before tackling the first 3/4s of the fic. Anyway, the reason why there's an issue is because I found a plot hole big enough to fly the Defiant through. Or Voyager. Starship of your choice. Maybe it's not a huge plot hole, but it's definitely one that wouldn't stand up to much scrutiny. I already did "Lines in the Sand" on a rather flimsy premise - do I want to do that again now?

Anyway, I want to finish this story already! It's been lingering on my hard drive since a year ago February and already, I feel like I'm losing the 'writing style' of a year ago. Theoretically, I could start on a different writing style and see what happens there, but not on a story that is already pretty much finished.

At the same time, it's Thursday afternoon and I literally spent my entire day on campus yesterday, including six hours in the windowless computer lab, helping fellow classmates get their database project together. The sun is out, the skies are blue, and it's a lovely day in BCS. So I think that pretty much makes my decision for me.

****

Why oh why won't Yahoo deliver my email to me? Now there's a rumor that it will get rid of POP email access - which is a good thing to know before I leave for France so I can figure out an alternative email address for those of you who email to my POP account.

****

Story request if anyone knows of a story like this or feels the need to write one - blame Yvonne for putting the thought into my head. An "Endgame" coda basically where canon is left exactly the way it ends in "Endgame." Meaning, C/7 stay together, Tuvok doesn't go crazy etc. I've read plenty of 'revised' endings but I'm interested to see if anyone actually takes on the challenge of leaving things as the status quo. And if so, there will be at least one reader...

No comments: