Tuesday, March 12, 2002

Finally got to watch "Silent Enemy" last night - mucho gracias to the little brother who has faithfully taped "Enterprise" for me since last November. And for bonus points, he also got me the Madonna concert on HBO (on his own, no less!) and "Galaxy Quest."

What did I think of "Silent Enemy"? It was decent - characters still haven't grown on me and I don't feel the need to explore their motivations. Yet. Spoilers (highlight to read): It was a little cheesy that the big powerful ship was destroyed by itty, bitty Enterprise - and while I can extrapolate why the skeleton-like aliens were running around Enterprise, I still don't quite get the point - other than a reason for Enterprise to get their own guns. Did like Archer biting down his pride in order to summon the Vulcan High Council and loved Trip's comment: "Are your ears turning pointy?" Generally a good episode though and I'm a little disappointed, because the quality of "Enterprise" shows what B&B could have done with "Voyager" if they had even cared just a tiny bit about that show. Just a little bit of care would have given us the ending we'd want... (and no, I didn't want J/C to run off happily into the sunset hand in hand, but I would have liked to see the whole group get some well-needed counseling...)

Now, off to review my memory on She Who Is TNG...

No comments: