Thursday, February 06, 2003

The pest people came by today. The apartment was a complete wreck, especially by the computer. At any rate, they came back and I was kind like, "Huh?" Turns out my building is officially "infested" with these non-stinging wasps (you were right, Sara!). Apparently, they feed off cricket larvae - which is odd. There is no cricket larvae in January. Since the exterior of the apartments is stucco, it's also not a question of wood-burrowing insects. In addition, the exterminator noted that it was only the first floor units that had this problem - the second floor units seemed to be immune. He speculates that the bugs live between floors. So he blocked off my vents today with paper to see if that stops it. He'll be back in two weeks, I guess, to see what the deal is.

My computer most definitely has the Chernobyl virus. I just got it in the last two days or so. If you sent me an attachment or if I sent you one, please scan your computer for any potential viruses. This one has basically infected all of my exe files which means I've basically got to uninstall everything and reinstall. I'm hoping to keep it fairly stable for another two weeks and then have my brother look at it. On a positive note, I cleaned this afternoon instead of playing on the computer like I usually do. So the vaccuming is done, part of the bathroom cleaned and all of the kitchen done. I really do like the place to be clean - I just can't be bothered to clean it when there are pictures to diddle, fic to write, blogs/LJs to read, chats to attend...

No comments: