Sunday, November 10, 2002

New software. No, unfortunately not to write my novel, but lots of new software from the Brother for my gift this year, not to mention, delivery of two tapes of Enterprise episodes. Anyway, I now have Photoshop 7 and Dreamweaver MX - the latest version which allows you to choose between Homesite or 'classic' Dreamweaver layouts. There are other goodies too on the CD, but these are the big ones - the best part about the new Photoshop is that it actually has pop-out menus so when I click on the tool, it gives a name; I keep getting confused between the dodge tool and the blur tools, so this is very helpful. Dreamweaver MX looks the same to me, but I haven't played with it that much - I went with the 'classic' layout, as I love the moveable menus. I got used to the 80 million little windows layout in Photoshop and I'm not big on the static layouts for design purposes any more.

And oh yes, new zip drive from the Brother as well. It's not new, but it's new to me ::grin:: and since I didn't get a CD-burner with my computer last fall, I needed something to be able to back my hard drive up. The Brother has all intentions of wiping my computer and perhaps installing a CD burner this winter, but before that happens, I want to make sure I have a copy of everything *somewhere*. And generous as Liz is, I'm pretty sure she doesn't want everything that's on my hard drive to clutter up her hard drive. (That is, presumably, if she's still speaking to me after I sent her the Evil!Novel, which rightfully ought to be classified as 'dreggy').

No comments: