Wednesday, June 26, 2002

It's very strange to be sitting here finishing up projects, asking people what they want or need from my files. And they don't know that I'm leaving. Very strange, very unnerving. I am determined, however, to leave everything in the best possible condition as I still consider Friday my last day - the boss has disagreements with that and wants to talk about it more tomorrow. In a way, I'm very relieved that there is finally a resolution - this has been hard the last few months and I've been wanting to leave. I thought I was mentally prepared, but I wasn't, not at all - but it was more the way things were done than anything else. But I am leaving on good terms - performance has never been the issue, only distance. They've offered to help me find another job with the company that's actually housed out there so I no longer have to telecommute and I am grateful for that. And I do need motivation for another job - so maybe this is what I need to get started, to just start being aggressive about job opportunities next May now. We'll see what happens. To say I'm bummed would be a minor understatement, but hey, things could and have been worse. There's an opportunity in here - I just have to be able to find and see it.

No comments: