Friday, June 21, 2002

Amuse me please

Fic recs, if you've got them. The boss hasn't called me back - which is omnious thing in itself, which is why I'm still piddling here and not over there - and I've got one week to burn before heading to California. Then, it's back to the grind. I'm taking a marketing class (my concentration) and a statistics in research course (see if anyone tries to question my credentials after that! Humph!). Anyway, so I want to read something. Angsty, preferable. Character torture would be nice. P/T preferable and maybe pigs will start flying, but I'd love to see some W/D. Trek is preferable, but any MSR in X-Files would be lovely, WW or Sports Night (Casey/Dana) would be absolutely tops. Happy ending is a must - no dead bodies, thank you very much, I like my heroes alive and well at the end. But you can certainly hurt them along the way.

What I have read and recommend (as promised):


  • Accidental Suicide by ChristineCGB. Shelby and Janeway. You're never quite sure who's in control in this story with two strong women, but that's part of the beauty of this story. One of those stories you've got to read a couple times before you really understand what's going on. Part of the FFF and one the best I've read so far.
  • Impress by Kelly. Winn, Dukat, Janeway. Enough to make one's toes curl, but not when Kelly writes. This is not quite what you think and the Dukat/Winn relationship comes across just as creepily as it does on the small screen. Another excellent addition in the FFF.
  • Lily White Boys by LR Bowen. Locarno and Paris. Paris and Locarno. Some things need to be explained. Or don't. This was a lot of fun. Mirror image slash. What's not to love?
  • The Snow Queen by LR Bowen. J/C/P - yes, it's cold, cold out there and our brave heroes make the best of the situation and things warm up pretty quickly. Slash and het both.

No comments: