Monday, October 31, 2005

All hallow's eve

You know you have a good friend when you hang up on her four times (five, actually, but she'll insist she hung up first that last time) in two hours and she still (mostly) takes your phone calls. Florida Girl and I have been friends for 10 years now and we've had some very strange conversations over the years, but tonight's took our intellectual discourse to a whole new level. Since this is a family blog, I can't tell you about the underwear conversation, but I can relate this snippet:

Me: So I was babysitting, and when I went to the bathroom, the dog didn't even notice me. I just walked right by it, me, a stranger, and the dog didn't even lift its head as I walked by.

FG: What kind of dog was it?

Me: I don't know, it was a DOG.

At some point, I think I even described it as a 'yellow' dog, but FG said as a descriptive, I was falling pretty short of the mark. There was also a bit about trick o' treaters at FG's place and how a neighbor came up to her door:

FG: She says she lives across the street from me. I've never even seen her before. That's what happens when you have bad eyesight.

Me: You don't meet your neighbors when you have bad eyesight?

FG: No, they're blurry. Blurry people with dark hair. Who knows who lives across the street when you have bad eyesight?

FG is possibly the only person in the world with whom I can have such ridiculous conversations. One of these days, when this blog is no longer so Disneyfied, I'll think about telling you about FG's theory about the world economy and underwear. Fascinating stuff, but maybe you just had to be there.

No comments: