Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hodgepotch

Thing the First: The Fainter now has me on 24/7 Judith Miller/Matt Cooper/Robert Novak/Karl Rove 'duty'. In the course of fulfilling my obligations, I came across the transcript of Scott McClellan's press briefing from yesterday. It's possibly the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've read in a long time. Poor Scott. He's either been caught in a lie or he has been duped by people he trusted.

Thing the Second: I really, really, really don't like the phrase 'first annual'. I mean, really, how anything that's happening for the first time be 'annual'? It's only annual if it happens a year after the first time. When you stick the word 'annual' after 'first', it implies a hope and a promise that this event is indeed going to happen next year (and nowhere is there ever an asterisk with the words 'unless we bomb'). Call me a pessimist, but I think 'annual' should start with 'second' and go from there.

Thing the Third: I have a confession to make. Watch this space. No, not THAT kind of confession. Sheesh, people. I'll give you a hint. It's where I've been spending my free time. No, no, not there either. Man. You people.

No comments: