Friday, January 30, 2004

With apologies

I misremembered Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott" for the below blog title. The actual verse is the following:

The mirror crack'd from side to side;
"The curse is come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott.


The entire poem can be found here.

Literary examples of this poem used as an element in a novel include Bel Kaufman's fabulous Up the Down Staircase and The Mirror Crack'D by Agatha Christie. Both books I highly recommend.

I had a false alarm with the doom virus earlier this evening; McAfee screamed at me that I was infected. That wasn't the case at all, as I ran the scan once again and Stinger -- which is a neat little 2-minute download to rid your computer of some viruses. Computer came up clean, so I figure there was probably some kind of conflict between the email scan and the actual computer scan. I dunno.

My brain is not working. I'm on day 4 of headache and it shows no sign of dissipating. TGIF.

No comments: