Monday, January 12, 2004

Much ado about nothing

I don't have much to blog today but only to mention that there is less than forty-eight hours left in my countdown. Of course, some of you, most notably T'Other Liz, know exactly what I'm counting down to. A few others of you are thinking my countdown is referring to another event entirely, one that comes around once a year. I assure you, I'm counting down to the first event, not the second, and a full detailing of the event shall be chronicled here in the blog on the morning after.

Speaking of the morning after, I've taken the day off from work to celebrate that once-in-a-year event and plan to indulge myself shamefully. And I mean shamefully. I spent way too much time at work today researching area spas. I'm thinking, at the very least, a facial and a massage, but a manicure and pedicure might be in the works too. I might even catch a movie as KC noted earlier today, I haven't really been doing the movie thing as of late. Who knows? Also, just got off the phone with V and we'll be meeting for dinner after my day of utter and shameful relaxation.

Also, V and K are moving across the street from me. This is very good news. Currently, they live about 10-12 miles away, but with the intense traffic, it takes nearly 45 minutes, if not more, to travel that distance. So we either meet on weekends or we meet at a restaurant halfway. Because we both work in downtown, when she's in town (she's a consultant), we have lunch together. Also discovered A works in my building on the 26th floor and so he called me today and we had lunch. Very nice. We were joking that it took us five months to realize we worked in the same building and only discovered it last week because I was very, very, very late to work and he was, um, on-time.

Also, jemima has a thing or two to say about contests and while she's more scientific about it than I am, I agree with every not-so-snarky word she writes.

No comments: