Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Update

One week. Seven days. One hundred eighty hours. Ten thousand, eight hundred minutes. Six hundred and forty-eight thousand seconds.

Until....

In other news, no dent in email. Email just accumulates. It's amazing. Especially since I've unsubbed from so many lists and since I don't respond to email quickly, I have no idea where it's actually coming from. I am, however, mostly caught up on answering FB. There are maybe 2 or 3 notes I haven't answered yet.

And speaking of FB, I always find it oddly flattering when I fangirl over someone else and then they, in their response to me, fangirl over me? Now that's where the email exchange always breaks down for me. Do I respond and thank them for their squeeing? Do I suggest we form a mutual admiration society? Do I ignore the email as it's been an even exchange -- I squee, you squee, we all squee for fic? I go for the first option more often, but I always feel slightly dorky in cases like this as if by sending FB in the first place to random author, I was trolling for FB myself. It was much, much easier, I think, when no one knew my name or read my stuff (and this is making the incredible leap of faith that people do indeed know my name and actually read and like my stuff).

I'd also like to note that once again, the temperature is in the 30s, with a windchill in the teens. Any minute, I expect white stuff to come falling out of the sky.

Still seven days to go...

No comments: