Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Ready or not

I have received my emergency preparedness kit from Big Publishing Company. As I may have mentioned in the past, we're on the 38th floor of a 50-storey building in the downtown of a Very Big City. In the event of an emergency, I am to strap on the orange fanny pack and make a run for it. This might also be a good time to note that while the stairwell doors open from our side, once you're in the stairwell, you can't get out.

So, in this orange fanny pack, there is:
  • A face mask
  • Eye goggles
  • A thermal blanket (it looks like aluminum foil to me)
  • Two antiseptic towelettes
  • One antibacterial gel pack
  • One flashlight
  • One whistle
  • One bottle of water

Did I mention it's all packed in this ultra day-glow fanny pack? I feel very safe now.

No comments: