Monday, September 22, 2003

The printers never called me when they were finished so around 2 pm, I phoned them and said, "Is my order ready?" And they said, "What your name?" I told them and they said, "You're the one with the book, right?"

:-)

The completed manuscripts look beautiful. Really. I carried them so carefully back up to my desk and laid them down ever so gently. Then there was some anxiety in putting them in the car, but put the jumper cable box on top of the pages and it was all good.

The .htaccess file my brother provided me (see link below) works beautifully. Jemima has been testing the script for me and so far it works beautifully. Between this and the robots.txt, I think I'm pretty well-set now against bandwidth thieves (who rank up there with people who write viruses -- gah. Get a hobby already, people! Oh wait...).

I saw Jhumpa Lahiri today and got my copy of "Interpreter of Maladies" signed. I have some thoughts about Ms. Lahiri's book reading and comments afterward, but am currently too tired to write about it coherently. And since tomorrow is another day, I'll see you then.

No comments: