Friday, August 15, 2003

Useful Statements from the Workplace. I'd very much like to add my personal favorite to this list: "Do what you want to do, you're going to do it anyway" and also, "I have no idea, I only work here."

BTW, yesterday at the office, I got my first misdirected phone call. At Very Big Insurance Company, I got them all of the time; I think our department secretary sent them to me on purpose on occasion. Anyway, I tried never to transfer anyone randomly, which meant that I was often on the phone trying to track someone down for quite a while. So yesterday, someone got my number calling for tech support. We have something called 'Sametime' which is like AOL IM but for the workplace and it rocks -- so I sametimed the tech people, got the question answered, and voila, was able to transfer the guy without knowing what the heck he was talking about. And while I'm at it, it was great to get a tech question and not have to be the one to answer it!

No comments: