Sunday, August 03, 2003

Shop until you drop

So, exactly what the title says. This was tax-free weekend here, meaning no sales tax on clothing this weekend. Which means you spend $10, you save 85 cents and you get to dodge people. Lots of 'em. Most of them shopping in Old Navy. Note to kids going back to school: you're all going to look exactly the same.

Which is a long way of saying that yes, I was a lemming and I was so at the mall. Shopping. I dragged Sarah along for moral support. I'm not good at the shopping thing because I'm convinced that clothes are not made for 'real' women, so Sarah was along to convince me otherwise. I found a few things at my favorite haunt, Casual Corner. but in general, didn't fall into line with any trends. It's hard to have curves and be trendy. I did, however, buy a skirt in a style I've been lusting after since last summer in France. And a fire engine red silk tan top. And three shirts in various shades of white. And a new pair of penny loafers. Only thing missing was a pair of black slacks, but not for lack of trying. We topped off our marathon shopping spree (4 hours in the mall -- long time for me anyway, since my previous record was 25 minutes) by going out to dinner.

And since I've shopped, I'm oh so ready to drop. G'nite, moon!

No comments: