Tuesday, March 11, 2003

My taxes are done! Yeah! Being poor means that H&R Block allowed me to do it online for free using their software. Which is a Very Good Thing because I had some complications with this year's taxes and I had no idea what was what. But it's all done, and now there's just the mailing to do. Despite using the software, I chose to mail my taxes in and have the refund sent to me as a check. I'm old-fashioned that way, but I am also satisfied that that particular method works just fine. And direct deposit always freaks me out if I'm not actually giving the party a voided check. Those routing numbers at the bottom? I just don't trust myself to type them in properly. I'd much prefer to hand my check to the banker and get the receipt in my hand that says the check has been deposited.

But whew, that was quick. Usually it takes me several hours to do them. I think this took about 90 minutes and most of that was me trying to figure out why Adobe Acrobat wasn't working.

No comments: