Tuesday, January 28, 2003

You have a very bad Graduate Admissions Office

So I received an email today from the program I'm applying to that says my application is incomplete. Which of course, makes me worried because for once, I had my act together and sent everything in ahead of time. In fact, it's been over a week since I sent the essays, application fee, resumes etc. So I do what any good girl would do. I call. This, I swear, is the verbatim transcript:

Me: I'm calling about an email I received saying that you hadn't received my application fee.

GAO: I don't know what email you're talking about.

Me: I'm talking about the email that was sent to me saying that you didn't have my application fee. I mailed it a week ago.

GAO: Who are you calling?

Me: The Graduate Admissions Office. I sent you an application fee last week and I want to know if you received it or not.

GAO: I don't know, ma'am.

Me: Can you please check?

GAO: I can only look at it online.

Me: Do you mind checking for me? I mailed it over a week ago and so you should have it by now.

GAO: We receive thousands of applications. I have no idea whether we received yours or not.

Me: Is there someone I can talk to? Someone who might know how to check whether you received it?

GAO: I'm telling you I don't have it.

Me: But is there someone else there I can talk to?

GAO: Okay. I'm transferring you now.

Me: Thank you.

GAO: The phone number I'm transferring you to is 555-1048.

Me: Thank you.

::click:: ::dialtone::

Excuse me while I go find a brick wall to bash my head against.

No comments: