Monday, February 21, 2005

Bon Appetite

This weeked, my brother, S-i-L, cousin and I cooked dinner for my mom's birthday. Dinner was Thai -- my brother's current obsession. I made the soup and amazingly, it was not a disaster. Here is the recipe:

Clear soup with spinach and tofu

2 quarts vegetable broth (or any broth you prefer)
6 green onions, finely chopped
8 oz firm tofu, cut into 1-inch squares
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
A handful of spinach leaves, stemmed if you'd like
10-12 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Freshly grated pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Bring the broth to a boil on medium heat. Add all ingredients except for spinach. Cook for about two minutes. Add spinach. Cook for another couple of minutes and then remove from heat. Season to your taste.

Broth recommendation: Pacific Foods

No comments: