Sunday, September 08, 2002

So I had this long meta blog that covered the following things:


  • The schism between ASC and the rest of Trek fandom
  • Why ASC is Darwinian, thus producing the best ficcers in Trek fandom
  • Why mailing lists tend to coddle and stifle any kind of constructive FB
  • Why authors prefer to hide out on mailing lists and not venture forth into the brave world of newsgroups
  • Why the "underrated" or unknown authors in non-ASC Trek circles are the authors to read in ASC circles
  • Fic taxes and how much is too much and non-writers making general sweeping statements about authors who need to promote their work more often in order to get out of the "underrated" category
  • Which authors I think are "underrated" (No, I'm not going to tell you who I think is "overrated" - oh what the heck, email me and I'll consider telling you).
  • If anyone ever rec'd me as a J/C author I'd fall over on my face. How much promotion, btw, do you think it'll take to cast me as a J/C author, hmmm?

    But you can't read any of it because Netscape experienced a fatal error and I've got 100 pages of strategy to read between now and tomorrow morning and so, no resurrection of said-blog will happen tonight.

No comments: