Saturday, September 14, 2002

I'm baking a cake. Cross your fingers for me. Every year or so, I bake. Last fall, I baked a lot. I was on a team with three guys (four if you count the alcoholic whom we booted after five weeks) and for some of the late night meetings, I usually baked cookies and brought them as a way of easing the pain of spending Saturday night with each other. I also still had a job at a very active field office which meant there was always something going on - some kind of party or something. So I baked for that. I baked so much last year that for my company's holiday gift, I ordered a 25-piece Pyrex bake set. I'll just point out now that the bake set is still sitting in its box - it was only unpacked once so that I could see what was in it and then I had a heck of a time getting everything back in the box, so I'm scared to unpack it again.

The email has escaped me once again. How does this happen? I go days when the email comes in trickles, literally one or two pieces a day and then it's wham! bam! and all of a sudden, I'm 80 million emails behind. There's got to be an academic paper in there somewhere, I'm sure of. If someone can get their PhD based on traffic congestion patterns, why not an analysis of email traffic trends, hmmm? I'd really like to figure out when the biggest email night/time is. It ought to be a study.

No comments: