Monday, October 22, 2001

Look Ma!

No, hackers aren't just men. Some are women too.

And while we're on the subject, a friend just let me know that cracking could fall under the realm of terrorist activity under proposed new legislation. Good to know after the fact. I'm hoping this kind of legislation doesn't pass, but then again, I'm biased. But really - cracking and terrorist activity? Not at all the same thing as say, sending anthrax through the mail, but I understand that it falls under a greater scope - cyberterrorism and prevention thereof. I imagine the framers of such legislation are thinking of people with malicious/evil intent who intend to bring down crucial networks, not the casual hackers who take down CNN's page for fun. Yet, according to this legislation, there is no differentiation and I really think there needs to be.

Now, if I disappear, y'all know what happened...

No comments: