Friday, October 19, 2001

Four Eyes

Generally, I don't think you're supposed to have your contacts in for more than 12 hours. Anyway, these last few days, my days have been more of the 18-hour sort and by the time Tuesday night rolled around, my left eye was very aggravated. So Wednesday, I showed up in the lab wearing glasses. It might have been too early to drop this particular bombshell on my classmates though (note to self: do not sneak up on MBA students in throes of midterms) as so so many people came up to me and were like, "Seema? Is that you?" And then one of my friends, whom I just had dinner with last Friday and lunch on Saturday, he kept staring at me and finally said, "You know, if you hadn't said hello, I wouldn't have recognized you."

I guess the whole thing with Clark Kent and the glasses and Superman - well, makes more sense now.

No comments: