Saturday, October 27, 2001

Apartment dwelling is starting to get slightly on my nerves. Today, I realized that anytime I use the garbage disposal, it backs into the same sink I use to dry clean dishes. Add that to the leaky ceiling in the bathroom, the closet which is prone to flooding (only once so far though), and the water heater which makes mysterious squeaky noises, and I miss my house very, very much. Here, when something is broken, I call the apartment office and maybe, just maybe, they'll fix it - they still haven't fixed the leak in the ceiling, though they did come to take a look at it.

On a positive side, it's more quiet here than I thought it would be - in fact, it's almost as quiet as my house was, so that's a good thing. The other thing I can't understand is just how messy this place gets in such a short time - it feels like I just cleaned the place from top to bottom last weekend (and boy, did that feel good) and today, I take a look around and once again, a tornado has blown through the place. Amazing.

I'm finally getting caught up on my email. Mostly out of guilt. Met some classmates for coffee last night and I asked one of them - who happens to be our class rep what the results of the recent election to the Graduate Student Council was (not that I was running, just curious) and he said, "I emailed the results a couple days ago. Don't you read your email?" I had to admit that I didn't, since most of it is about people trying to sell football tickets or trying to buy football tickets. Anyway, Robby said he was going to add a 'read receipt' on all emails he sends to me, to see how long it actually takes me to open his email. Yup, definite guilt trip.

No comments: