Sunday, October 28, 2001

Grocery story observations

Anyway, I ran out of coffee on Friday, so I had to go to the grocery store today - I was also out of tea, having only the decaf herbal types left (I ask you, what's the point of decaf?). I'm actually amazed I made it two days without coffee. As one of my teammates said today, "Forget food. Just give me caffeine and I can keep going forever." At this point, I think my blood is 95 percent caffeinated. It's probably one of the reasons why I'm so calm these days (or as the same teammate said the other day, "The prozac has finally kicked in.")

Anyway, as I was going through the soup aisle, I realized how hard it is to find vegetarian soup that is not made with beef stock. The only soup that is completely vegetarian is Campbell's Vegetarian Vegetable - which is good, but I was in the mood for the chunky vegetable soup and after checking the ingredients on several different 'vegetable soups,' I finally found one that wasn't made with beef stock. I also bought croutons to go with my salad and was amazed to find directions on how to make a field green salad on the back of the box. Adding the croutons seems to be the most difficult part of this recipe. Hmm...

The Enquirer is also milking the anthrax scare for all its worth. If you recall, the first cases of anthrax showed in the buildings where the National Enquirer is housed. This week's headline reads: The Anthrax Scare: As Told by the Enquirer Employees Who Lived Through the Scare (their caps, not mine). And then of course, there is the "exclusive" label on the story. The piece de resistance though was the tiny headline above the masthead - "Not Printed or Mailed in Florida." Gotta love the Enquirer - journalism at its best and it also gives us the "real" news, you know, the news that CNN won't tell us about?

I took the robot test. Never thought I'd be R2D2 - actually, never thought I'd actually be classified as a robot as I'm way too emotional to be a robot (trust me - I can cry on cue). But apparently, wonders never cease. See below:

Click here to find out what robot you really are

No comments: