Monday, May 14, 2007

Electric blurr

So I got my electric bill today and it was for a (wait for it) a whopping $6.70. I'd gotten a notice a couple weeks back that said my rates were dropping by 10 percent, but this wasn't a 10 percent drop; this was an 80 percent drop. Also, $6.70 implied I'd barely used any electricity at all for the last month, which I knew was incorrect. My refrigerator must cost at least $6.70, not to mention the dishwasher, the microwave, the washer and dryer (which sorta works), my various fans, the television, the computer... It turns out I'm the beneficiary of a $25 credit for reasons unbeknownst to me, so my joy at managing to conserve electricity to the point of ridiculousness was short lived.

Still, I'm going to try to get through the month of May without turning on the AC. I'm really tempted to turn it on tonight, but I'm going to try the ceiling fan again. I current have my small fan going in the office and two of my windows are open and I'm quite comfortable, but if it weren't for the fan and the windows, there would be absolutely no moving air in my apartment.

Ah summer.

No comments: