Thursday, August 17, 2006

Link Round-Up

In lieu of actual content:

What to Do When You Can't Win an Argument. I've done some of these myself. I'm not proud, but in the interests of full disclosure I should tell you my sins.

George Allen is stupid. It's the only explanation. And really, he might have gotten away with 'macaca' but the "Welcome to America" comment was so incredibly out of line and one of these days I'll talk about the time someone else said something similar to me. Maybe.

Wait, Aren't You Scared? -- Essay about terrorism.

I find myself biting my tongue a lot lately, not saying stuff when usually I'd be all over the person, their argument, poking holes like no one's business (obviously, I can be insufferable). I find that it's too much trouble, especially when I realize the people in question know they're wrong -- they're just going through the motions of side-stepping the truth and creating alternative realities where their version of truth reigns supreme. Most of the time, they're looking at me for a pat on the back and because I can't go along with what they're saying, I just smile and nod. So much easier than hurting their feelings and saying, "You do realize that's never going to work, do you?"

No comments: