Friday, April 22, 2005

Kerfuffles

There's apparently a name for this thing I'm going through: quarterlife crisis. The last time I had a crisis, I got sucked into fandom. Now, I'm not so much into fandom anymore, but I'm always amused when I find RL mimicking fandom. Now I'm just waiting for the RPF/RPS to show up because where there's fire, there's got to be RST.

It all started with an extremely fawning article of Ann Coulter, which then caused people to go ballistic that Time magazine would even consider putting Coulter on its cover. Honestly, I take more issue with the completely freaky picture of Coulter on the cover; parents, cover your children's eyes for fear they be blinded by the skinny blonde's 10-mile long legs! Anyway, for the brief version of the current kerfuffle, go here, while Salon has an article about the article here. If you like to see the whole thing unfolding in real time, there's a list of links here (I plead injured shoulder as my response for not re-inventing the wheel).

Man. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd put Ann Coulter's name in my blog as I think she's a nut job. And to be fair, I think Michael Moore is kind of crazy too, but as far as I know, Moore has never suggested killing journalists or converting Muslims or other making other inflammatory remarks. I've heard conservatives say Coulter is just trying to be funny or trying to get people's attention with her rhetoric. It's hard to take a pro-life stance seriously when comments about wishing it was the NY Times office that was blown up instead of Oklahoma City's Murrah building are considered funny.

No comments: