Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bad TV, good TV

Some say watching television can make you smarter because of increased plot complexity (don't ask me what else was in the article; my eyes glazed over around page 3 and I had to find something less deep to read. Conclusion: I need to watch more television).

But really what makes me happy is the Parents' Television Council putting the worst examples on television online for easy access. Thanks, PTC! Now I know where to find the good stuff! (I especially love the warning on the media player: WARNING: Graphic Content!!! Do NOT push play if you don't want to see the explicit video!!!). My current fave show, "Without a Trace", makes the list twice, but it boggles my mind that "CSI" (the original, not the knock-offs) doesn't make the list at all, nor does anything aired in 2005. I feel let down.

And while we're going on with Bad Stuff Your Parents shwouldn't Approve Of, here's a list of banned/challenged books.

Don't say I don't point you to the good stuff now.

No comments: