Wednesday, May 26, 2004

This and that

I've looked at two apartments so far and the two I've seen so far just convince me of the vast superiority of my current place (g). It's getting hot here and I'm just not ready for the summer heat this year. It could be because I can't see an end to Crazy RL until the end of July; if only this apartment situation would resolve itself! If it's not one thing, it's another. But then I remind myself of my blessings and it keeps me thankful and grateful for what I do have; all of these are just road bumps.

I wrote a lot of emails tonight, believe it or not. Mostly to people who probably have given up on me and don't ever expect to hear from me again. In all of the mess that has happened in the last few months, I sorely neglected many people -- either by email or telephone -- and I feel bad about it. Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming trying to keep up and I'm amazed at how other people do it. I'm not going to promise to do better, because well, I know I should, but right now, I don't think I can make those kinds of promises. I'm just going to do it as I can and hope people understand.

And did I mention that it's hot here?

Tonight, I also installed the latest version of Lavasoft's Ad-Aware since my computer sorely needs to be cleaned. After running Ad-Aware, I discovered my computer is crazy infected with something called Wild Tangent. You can read more about that here. I haven't decided whether to delete the files or not yet, mostly because I either got it from AIM or Lemonade Tycoon. I could switch over to Trillian and Lemonade Tycoon is rather dull, so maybe it's no big loss. If any of you have any advice, please let me know.

No comments: