Saturday, May 22, 2004

The Apprentice

Tonight I spent much time playing Lemonade Tycoon and failing miserably. Yes, I might be an MBA, but I cannot sell lemonade to save my life. Wah! The first time around, I eventually had to declare bankruptcy because I didn't even have $1 to buy cups so I could sell more lemonade to get myself out of bankruptcy. In challenge mode, I started out with $250, but somehow within a few days, was scrapping rock bottom. You all laugh, but it's harder than you think it is! Really!

The thing about this game is that you have to get the recipe right to match not only the venue where you're selling (in my case, the suburbs), the weather, and set the price accordingly. I have yet to figure out the appropriate recipe -- I just know that what I'm using doesn't work and I sell between 5 to 15 cups a day. Which means I'm so not getting rich fast; the ten-year old down the street is doing better than me!

I will keep you appraised of the situation as time goes on. If you're interested in playing this game, downloads are available at Yahoo! and MSN; note the free version is only good for 60 minutes. After that, you need a serial code which will cost you $19.95. About the latter, email me -- I might be able to help you out (g).

No comments: