Saturday, May 04, 2002

This and That

Right, so I'm about 26 hours away from departure and I still haven't started packing. I'm actually at work. On a lovely Saturday afternoon. Fixing problems. Something with a cookie going bad on a website, causing all sorts of strange things to show up on the other end. So new cookie has been 'baked' and amazingly, the process was pretty painless. But, I still have to pack. Some of you know that I have very strong feelings about packing.

Anyway, conversation with my mother. Honest conversation.

Me: I won Best Author for the Trek awards
Mom: Congratulations. That's great.
Me: I'm really excited. I can't believe it.
Mom: What do you get?
Me: Just recognition.
Mom: Can you put it on your resume?
Me: Uh?
Mom: If you won an award, you should put it on your resume
Me: This isn't like that Journalism award I got. This is the Trek stuff.
Mom: I know, but you should put it on your resume.
Me: People will think it's weird.
Mom: What?
Me: The Trek thing.
Mom: Why is it weird?

So there you have it. My mother, a genuine Real Person, doesn't seem to think that the Trek fanfic thing is Weird. I'll keep you posted on whether I actually put this stuff on my resume ;-)

I also have a copy of my first zine ever. It's an Odo/Kira zine called Love and Justice and my story Unrequited is featured in it, along with stories from people like August, Judith Medina (OdoGoddess) and Cecy Pelz. It's very cool - 200 pages of O/K fic that I haven't read. Very nice. To go along with the 500 pages of fanfic I've already printed out for reading material on the plane.


No comments: