Tuesday, October 30, 2001

To translate my stream of consciousness from the other day (don't look at me like that - things happen, even in other languages): Princess of Elisabeth of Belgium was born on October 25. She's what, a week old, and she already has her own website. I didn't have time the other day to translate the site - apparently the news of this birth didn't make it into any of the English newspapers (thank goodness they had a French alternative to the Dutch site). For Royal watchers like me, this is a fairly big deal - this is the first time that a princess is in line for the throne in Belgium - basically she could be queen one day. (I said other things too - but this was the gist of it). Her site has the most adorable pictures on it too now.

At any rate, it alternately freaked me out and excited me at the same time that I can still read and write in a language I used to know like the back of my hand. Actually, it was more scary that after reading the website completely, I didn't even notice after a while that it was in French or that I was writing in French after that.

No comments: