Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Your Tax Dollars At Work

You know how that saying goes? You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you can, and today I got my wish: the Bush Administration has done away with the phrase 'war on terror' and replaced it with the catchier 'global struggle against violent extremism'. The NY Times trumpets this Wag the Dog moment with their headline: "U.S. Officials Retool Slogan for Terror War". I don't know about you all, but knowing the Bush administration's marketing department is working overtime to develop a slogan that properly describes current events makes me feel so much safer. Now if we just get Willie Nelson to write us a theme song, I'm sure the Al-Qaeda weenies will run for the hills, their AK-47s and machetes tucked between their legs.

No comments: