Saturday, August 23, 2003

Stop opening attachments, you crazy people!

I get the sense my Yahoo! mail is going to simply keel over from exhaustion over the SoBig virus. As I said before, I've received quite a few of those virus emails, but today... today has been a beaut of a day. In three hours, I accumulated 38 of them, including several undeliverables that I apparently sent to "The Pratice"-related yahoogroups (man, I'm really a fandom floozy -- don't even have to work at it anymore. The virus is apparently streamlining my fan girl tendencies and getting me involved in new fandoms without any additional fic taxes on my part).

jemima advocates Macs for everyone, but in lieu of that solution:
  • Update your virus software on a weekly, if not daily, basis.
  • Use a firewall. McAfee, Norton, and Zonelabs all provide firewall software (Zonelabs has a free version).
  • Don't open attachments, not even if it's from your bestest friend, and especially if it's someone telling you they love you
  • Don't use IE or Outlook Express


No comments: