Friday, August 29, 2003

Spamming continued

I was supposed to harass the spammer again last night, but my Own Personal Blackout (tm) prevented me from doing so (long story short: the electricity company turned off my power by accident last night and as of this morning, I still don't have electricity. I tell you, sitting in the dark gets old really, really, really fast and reading with a flashlight? Not as cool or covert as you might think. And oh yes, the air in this city does not move, so opening windows didn't help either. And, ::gasp:: no coffee this morning -- so I ended up coming in to work very very early because dude, no coffee and no AC. Allegedly, power should be coming back online today but I shall harass the electric company in the meantime. I fear for the food in my refrigerator -- please include my milk, eggs, and cheese in your thoughts).

That being said, Bjorn picked up the slack (brilliantly) in spamming the spammer (eliluv1@yahoo.com). Voila:

Dear Elizabeth:

My name is Eliott Donovan, and I am a secretary for Mr. James Edwards, the manager of money transactions in the US Department of the Internet. I am writing this personal email to you because I have recently become aware of an ongoing investigation into your dialogue with certain US citizens. As you may know, there are many examples of men and women in certain west and central African countries who want to invest money abroad for security purposes, and others who are only interested in exploiting members of the American public. I have been involved in several large-scale investigations into these issues, and from your personal details, I am certain that you are genuinely interested in investing money in the United States.

However, recent events within my office have led me to believe that my manager is interested in submitting a report to the US government. This report will recommend that the US government should start cracking down on foreign nationals that are sending emails to American citizens about estate transfers as a part of the ongoing "war on terrorism". This report is the result of pressure on our department, and I feel that many innocent people abroad will be ruined as a result.

As part of this investigation, two officials from the Department of the Internet have been exchanging emails with you. At this point, I do not believe that they have collected evidence on you, but I think that they may attempt to trap you and use this as an excuse to seize all of your assets. This is completely unfair, and it is my hope that I can keep you away from this fate.

Please respond ASAP, and I will contact you with further information. For my own safety, I hope that you can keep this information between the two of us. I do not wish to be arrested, and if these facts were made public I could be convicted by my government and sent to prison. Good wishes to you. God less.

Sincerely,

Mr. Eliott Donovan
US Department of the Internet

No comments: