Tuesday, August 13, 2002

So I went to see Marketing!Professor this afternoon to discuss last week's exam. He had marked one of my answers with a question mark and I saw an opportunity to get some points back. I didn't get the points back (even though he agreed that the question was ambiguous and technically, I was correct in my interpretation), but I did manage to get an extension on the paper that was supposed to be due tomorrow by 5 pm. So now it's due on Thursday, sometime around noon.

What's odd is that I didn't even ask for an extension. He just gave it to me because I was running my mouth off about my test tomorrow, a teammate's test tomorrow and the fact that another teammate's wife just had a baby last week. I was just being contemplative, not even thinking about getting an extension. Weird. I'm not used to professors giving any leeway for anything without much begging.

I do wish he had given me back my three points. Especially when he agreed I was correct.

The first years are here. They were all lined up in front of the MBA office to register and sign in. It was odd - last year that was me. Now I'm like, "Oh, so glad I'm not you." Right now, they look pretty good - clothes look nice, hair and make-up, some of the guys showed up in ties. I give that look about two weeks.

No comments: