Friday, August 16, 2002

Not to be read if you are squeamish

I'm on day three of liquid foods. And I'm hungry. Reason? I went to treat myself to a veggie burger and onion rings at Burger King last Tuesday. Something about studying for hours in the master's lounge and I needed to feel human again. And I love Burger King onion rings - the veggie burger, btw, isn't so bad either. Anyway, so I get my food and I pick at the onion rings as I drive home. My mouth feels funny within a few minutes after eating but I don't think anything of it. Until Wednesday morning. My mouth is completely burned. Lips, gums, roof of the mouth, tongue, beneath the tongue, you name it. Funny - I didn't even know that the onion rings were that hot (I ate the veggie burger at home). Even talking is a little difficult as every time I open my mouth, my gums get annoyed with me. Smiling is interesting because the skin was basically burned off my lips and so now I have that weird non-elasticky thing going and I feel the skin stretch every time my lips move.

I think the moral of the story here is to watch out for Very!Hot! foods when you eat.

No comments: