Tuesday, April 09, 2002

Making a list, checking it twice...

It just occurred to me that we are leaving for France in less than a month. And to date, all I have done is purchased a plane ticket and the student discount card. And oh yes, bought one of those 'wallet on a string' type deals that you can wear under your shirt. So that's all I've done. I started making a list of things to do today - everything from making sure I have a supply of hard candy to lots of extra socks (and eight rolls of film). I'm not doing the backpack thing - unfortunately, I live in a state with no mountains, so I can't find anyone with a large pack. But still, my 'things to bring' list is on the minimalist side - I can see myself getting very sick of my limited wardrobe within a few days, but I don't feel like dragging my entire closet through Europe - and yes, I am a clotheshorse (not to mention a walking advertisement for Petite Sophisticate and Casual Corner).

Anyway, anyone have an suggestions of what to do? Where to go? What to see? Countries in question are: France, Spain, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. We also have potential for Corsica, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands - depending on how ambitious we get. Any tips of what to bring? How to pack? (and yes, Liz, I'll bring a compass ;-))

No comments: