Saturday, April 13, 2002

I went shopping in the juniors section today - which felt very odd because I'm what, a decade older than the average junior? I felt very, very oversized wandering through the aisles there. The women's section was a little on the frumpy side, not to mention that most of the clothes were either maternity or just way too big. The petites section was, well, not good. It was like the dumping ground of.... something. Well, in general, Ross (and other stores like that) are dumping grounds, but they do have really, really good prices - which is awesome if you're looking for a quick, one-time wear only (which is what I was looking for).

My friend Sarah suggested shopping in juniors - she actually can shop in Boys as well (which frankly makes me jealous) - but I think juniors is pushing it for me. Plus, I feel really, really weird about the whole thing. Like everyone who is there is either into Britney or has a daughter who is into Britney. I just don't fit.

I also got a pair of sandals today. Something about lovely, warm weather - blue skies and sunshine - unleashes my sandal fetish. I just love having different strappy pairs of sandals, though admittedly my tastes run more towards the practical, comfortable type. Plus, I always buy black shoes - with the exception of one pair of navy high heels - because black goes with everything and when it's way early, I don't want to think if my shoes match my clothes or not.

No comments: