Saturday, April 20, 2002

Angry!Girlfriend is back. I think her voice could shatter glass. My question - if I ever get the nerve to open up my door and talk to her - is, why does she stick with this guy when it obviously requires so much vocal power to keep him in line?

I'm procrastinating again. Bjorn called me on it and I admit it. I voted some more in the ASC Awards, trying to fill in the blanks again of some of the people/stories I might have missed during my first go-through. In a way, I wish I had waited a bit to do Overall, because I'm now thinking of all the things I wanted to say, but at the same time, I wanted to get all of my votes in early so that I could concentrate on other things.

But I'm procrastinating now.

And now Angry!Girlfriend is Weepy!Girlfriend.

::sigh::
Should I offer her a hug?

****

Things I feel guilty about today

Not being disciplined enough to get through all of Operations today. In fact, I only to to capability process index and then zonked on the spot.

Should answer emails. I owe quite a few people quite a few resposnes.

Not visiting my grandmother this weekend. I should, but honestly, I've got a lot to do and she wouldn't let me just stay for a few hours. I'd have to stay the whole weekend. Maybe Friday.

Things I don't feel guilty about today

Hmmm... guilt is a perpetual state of being with me. Okay, I watched the news. I haven't watched the news in a week. Actually, this is the first time the television has been on since... God, can't even tell you the last thing I've watched. So I don't feel guilty about that.

Things I wish I had time for

I echo Lori. I wish I had time to meet some of the wonderful people I've met online. I've met one person and that was wonderful - she was exactly as I thought she would be. But then, it might be scary for people to meet me - I really am that flaky in RL - it's not just an online thing.

I wish I had more time to write. To read things that aren't the WSJ and Business Week. I wish I had time to go see my grandmother before I leave.

Things I won't make time for

Like Lori, cleaning house. I do it if I'm on the phone. Then I'm walking around, picking stuff and cleaning like a mad woman, and then I have a neat, nice place for a while. I should talk on the phone more often.

Cooking is incidental. It's just me. I don't need 80 course meals. One box of Rice a Roni will do it.

Things I wish I could do, but can't for lack of funding

I can't think of anything here. Really. I feel very content in many ways. I do live an indulgent lifestyle in some ways - I should probably try to marry rich ;-). But my favorite thing to do is travel and people who know me, know that every six months I have to go somewhere, so that's always a priority before anything else - including high speed internet. This trip coming up is going to be a slight strain on the pocketbook, but I have been saving up for it for a couple years, so my regret here is that it can't be one week longer than it's going to be. but I also think after 6 weeks of hoofing it around Europe, I'm going to want to come home.

****

Weepy!Girlfriend's friend came to pick her up. So I don't have to feel guilty about not giving her a hug.

No comments: