Thursday, January 03, 2013

Happy new year!

Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year! I'm sorry I've been out of bloggy-world lately, but we've been traveling a lot and as a result, blogging had to take a backseat. It's next to impossible to blog on a tablet!

I'm planning on starting a new blog sometime in the near future to detail all of our travels. We've gone to some really cool places like Singapore, Indonesia, and Japan and it's been fun to experience new sights and cultures.

In the meantime, you'll see some slight changes on this blog. I realize it's gotten harder to blog as I've tried to move away from the personal stuff and also from fanfiction. I also felt politics is a zero-sum game, given how divided everyone is on every single issue. I didn't feel like engaging in virtual food-fights; who has time for that? Plus, I worked for a very staunch Republican for a while who has connections to various Republican presidents and I just wanted to keep my head low for the duration of my employment.

All of those concerns are now on the backburner, so I've decided to put a bit more personality back into the blog and also point out and blog about issues that I care about again. Hopefully that will give me more things to actually write about and motivate me to continue blogging. This blog has been around since 2001 and I'm not ready to retire it yet!

No comments: