Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Meme

I was planning to review "Goodnight, and Good Luck" today, but instead, this caught my eye. Yes, I am incredibly and so easily distractable. The movie review will have to wait until Friday (no bloggity on Thursday).

Four jobs I've had

1. Lifeguard and swim instructor. The former sounds a lot cooler than it actually is (how many hours can you listen to kids playing Marco Polo, huh?), and the former was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
2. Librarian's assistant. Which was way cool because I was right there when all the bestsellers came in and I never had to wait for them. And oh, it also helped pay off my debt to the library -- much in the way of late fees.
3. Newspaper editor. I struck fear into the hearts of reporters everywhere. Or so I liked to think. I was mostly a softy. Except for the one person I fired. And even then I couldn't get the words out. I handed him a letter.
4. Sandwich maker. Yup. I spent a summer making deli sandwiches. Once a cockroach was sitting in the cheese, and a customer pointed it out. So I gave the cheese to the prep person in the back, she flicked the cockroach off and handed the cheese back to me.

Four movies I can watch over and over

1. "Steel Magnolias"
2. "A Few Good Men"
3. "Top Gun"
4. "The Scarlet Pimpernal" (Jane Seymour & Anthony Andrews version)

Four TV shows I love

1. "Grey's Anatomy"
2. "Battlestar Galactica"
3. "Without a Trace"
4. "Commander-in-Chief"

Four places I've vacationed

1. London, England
2. Virginia Beach, VA
3. Barcelona/Madrid, Spain
4. Lake Tahoe, CA

Four of my favorite dishes


1. Yogurt, preferably plain and most preferably homemade by my mother
2. Margerita pizza
3. Chipotle burritos
4. Most Indian vegetarian dishes

Four sites I visit daily

1. CNN.com
2. NY Times
3. Washington Post
4. MSNBC


Four places I would rather be right now


1. Playing with the niecelet
2. In Boston, having coffee with my friends
3. Orlando, going shopping with Florida Girl
4. Mt. Everest

No comments: