Friday, January 27, 2006

Technically-challenged

Today I called up a friend, but instead of hitting 'Talk' on my phone, I hit the speaker phone button. And then spent the first three minutes of our conversation trying to figure out how to turn off the speaker phone. She said, "Oh my God, you have an MBA and you can't figure out how to turn off a speaker?"

Well, they didn't teach us *that* in B-school.

I've found that I'm getting more and more technically challenged as time goes on. I don't have time to keep up with the latest web design techniques and coding; the fact that this blog is mostly CSS was a big accomplishment back in the day, but I've yet to muster up the time and energy it would take to convert the rest of the site. And I'm lazy. Have I mentioned that I'm lazy?

My latest issue is the digital camera. Yes, I now have a digital camera, courtesy of my brother. It took me forever just to figure out how to turn it on (The Inimitable Miss Barr was very polite and didn't laugh at me while I was futzing around with it), and then I accidentally took a picture. Of my desk. And not just my desk, but the top faux granite texture of my desk, which is no kind of interesting. Anyway, my plan is to eventually start posting pictures here, maybe even of the remnant of egg that still clings tenaciously to the kitchen ceiling, but first I have to figure out how to get the pictures off the camera and into my computer.

Stay tuned.

On a positive note though, I did figure out port forwarding for my router. So perhaps I'm not completely without hope.

No comments: