Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Good eatin'

In my never ending quest for good and healthy food that's easy to prepare and ideal for one person, I stumbled across a pretty tasty wrap this week, and so far so good. Total prep time is about 2 minutes, which is awesome, especially since it feels like my stomach is about to eat itself by the time I get home from work and the gym. My usual quick meal is sunny side-up eggs and toast, but this evening, I got creative because a salad, while planned, just didn't appeal to me. Don't get me wrong -- I like salad, especially creative salads that just pop, but the plain old lettuce, tomato, croutons and cucumbers get old after a while, and while I was surveying the contents of my fridge, I was suddenly inspired.

I spread salsa lightly on a flour tortilla, sprinkled shredded chedder cheese over the salsa, put fresh spinach leaves on top of that, and added sliced portobello mushrooms, and then wrapped it all up. It's amazingly tasty, and much more appealing than a plain old salad. I also tried this wrap with fresh diced tomatoes and roasted red peppers and that tasted good too. Plus, the clean-up time is next to nothing, and that's always a major plus. (I used, btw, the freshly washed and cut spinach from Salad Express, and pre-sliced portobello mushrooms; the chedder cheese was also pre-shredded. Tortillas were store-brand, and salsa was actually Pace picante, mild).

No comments: