Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Down Memory Lane

I was re-reading some of my old entries, specifically some from the summer of 2002, and in retrospect, the heavy emphasis on fandom in those days is nothing more than escapism (much as it was during 1997-1998), with the occasional Real Life intrusion.

At the time, I had just returned from a couple of months in Europe and was struggling with the decision to leave my job for good. I was desperately conflicted at the time, and some of those old entries reflect that. Re-reading those entries tonight, I felt a tinge of sadness again because in between the fannish meta and the fic recs, I was awfully honest about what was happening and how horribly betrayed I felt.

Before I could get too sad over what happened four long years ago, I came across this little piece of fun from back then: The Mod Quiz: Which Zendom Mod are you? I retook the quiz and am very happy to discover that despite the passage of time and the change in attitudes and interests, I am still me (albeit no longer purple). And you are?

No comments: