Friday, December 24, 2004

Baby, it's cold out there

I hope this post finds you all bundled up and snug and with family. I'm baking cookies right now, so the whole apartment has a nice cookie-smell to it, which thankfully is taking over the gas and scorched remnants of quiche smell which pervaded just few minutes prior. For those of you who don't know, quiche and I have been having a difference of opinion lately, and the quiche has the upper hand. Mostly, it doesn't go cake-y (I'm not sure what the scientific term for it is) and so I mostly end up with quiche soup.

But I am the eternal optimist and I keep thinking, "Okay, today will be the perfect quiche." Then, just to prove me wrong, the quiche batter slops over the side of the pan and on to the bottom of the oven, where it promptly turns into black charcoal. So not only do I not have quiche, I have a vindicative oven that reminds me of my struggle with quiche every time I turn it on. From me to you, I hope your cooking endeavours for the holiday and the new year don't turn out quite as exciting as mine.

No comments: