Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Living in a glass house

I'm always amazed at what people will do for an entry in the Guiness World Book of Records. To wit: a woman moves in with 6,000 scorpions. Apparently, she was going to try the stunt earlier, but couldn't find enough scorpions. Obviously, she hasn't been to my neck of the woods. I can get her scorpions and centipedes and millipedes and snakes.

I'm starting to reach my threshold of Olympic watching. I've watched something like, 1,304 hours of coverage and when beach volleyball came on for the 80 gazillionth time, I had to draw a line in the carpet. I think beach volleyball would be cool if the guys played in their swimsuits too. None of this tank top and modest short business; if the women have to play in their bikinis, I say the men have to play in their Speedos! Well, on second thought...

Olympic link of the day: Just in case you didn't get enough already, you can keep the excitement alive with a new game for Sony Playstation. You too can hear the roar of the crowds, live the hype, and experience that moment of standing on the podium with your very own virtual medal.

No comments: