Wednesday, August 25, 2004

If you see a fork in the road, take it!

I've been on an X-Files watching marathon lately. For those of you wondering, I'm now on season 6 (I watched the movie in between seasons 5 and 6, which is where it fits in the chronology). I got delayed briefly because of the Olympics, but I'm back on schedule now, having knocked out "The Beginning" and part of "Drive" before being distracted by phone calls. It's still a ways to the 'shippiness of season 7, but it's been fun watching how Mulder and Scully grow together first as friends and then as a couple. Plus, so many pieces of the conspiracy are now falling together. It's a revelatory exprience -- I now understand what Krycek is all about and where that blasted black oil comes from. Plus, some of the exchanges between the characters are so classic. I like this one from the seventh season episode "all things" (penned, incidentally, by Gillian Anderson):

SCULLY: What if there was only one choice and all the other ones were wrong? And there were signs along the way to pay attention to.

MULDER: Mmm. And all the... choices would then lead to this very moment. One wrong turn, and... we wouldn't be sitting here together. Well, that says a lot.

I added new blogs to my sidebar for your reading pleasure, so do visit the new blogs on the block.

Olympics link: Israel gets its first gold medal.

No comments: